Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 2003
• Compiled a 576-87 record in 20 seasons as the head coach at Louisiana Tech
• Winning percentage of .869 places him No. 1 on the list of all-time winningest collegiate basketball coaches, men’s or women’s
• Guided the Lady Techsters to the NCAA tournament in each of those 20 seasons, a mark which includes a national championship in 1988, five appearances in the national championship game, and nine Final Four berths
• Registered 30-plus win seasons 13 times, including six in a row (from 1995-96 through 2000-01, the only collegiate coach to have ever achieved that feat), and reached the 20-win plateau 19 times altogether
• Clearly dominated the decade of the 1980s with Louisiana Tech placing among the top four in the final poll 12 consecutive years (1979-1990)
• Has received numerous Coach of the Year accolades, including Naismith (1988), U.S. Basketball Writers Association (1990, 1996), and Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (1996) on the national level as well as conference coach of the year recognition (American South or Sun Belt) nine times
• Was also tabbed co-Coach of the Decade by the United States Basketball Writers Association in 1990
• Coached 25 years altogether at his alma mater, including five years as an assistant coach and associate head coach