Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 2005
• Compiled a 607-213 record for a .740 winning percentage in 27 years as a Division I women’s collegiate basketball coach
• Overall record includes a 39-10 mark in two seasons at the U.S. Military Academy and a 568-203 ledger in 25 years at Auburn
• Guided Auburn to 16 NCAA tournament berths with the Tigers making 10 Sweet Sixteen appearances and reaching the Final Four three consecutive years, posting runner-up finishes in the national championship game in 1988, 1989, and 1990
• Led the Tigers to a Women’s National Invitation Tournament (WNIT) title in 2003
• Registered 20-plus win seasons 19 times during his career
• Captured four Southeastern Conference regular season championships (1981, 1987, 1988, 1989) to go along with four SEC Tournament titles (1981, 1987, 1990, 1997)
• Received both National Coach of the Year (1987, 1989, 1993) and SEC Coach of the Year (1985, 1988, 1989) recognition three times each
• Under his tutelage, Auburn players gained All-SEC honors 39 times as well Academic All-SEC acclaim 30 times