Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 1999
• Became the first female collegiate coach to reach the 700-win plateau
• Record for 24 seasons at the University of Texas stands at 607-161 while her overall mark, which includes stints at Sam Houston State and Texas-Arlington, is 724-223
• Guided Texas to an NCAA title in 1986 as the Longhorns went 34-0, becoming the first NCAA Division I women's team to post a flawless record
• Dominated Southwest Conference play from 1978 through 1990, winning 183 consecutive league games
• Directed the U.S. team to a gold medal at the 1987 Pan American Games
• Voted National Coach of the Year three times (1980, 1984, 1986)
• Has registered 30-plus win seasons nine times and 20-plus win seasons 20 times
• Has also served as women's athletics director at the University of Texas since 1992