Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 2014
• Griffin is considered to be the first broadcast expert for women’s basketball
• She served as the “face” for women’s basketball in its early television exposure and laid the foundation and groundwork for women’s basketball on television
• She was the National Director of Promotion for Women’s Athletics for Converse from 1983-85
• Griffin was the ESPN primary women’s basketball analyst from 1983-1999 and was the color analyst for the NCAA Women’s Final Four from 1985-1991
• In 1990, she was the first woman color analyst for a NCAA men’s tournament game on ESPN.
• In 1991, she became the first woman to broadcast the first two rounds of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament on CBS Sports
• Griffin was the Championship Director of the US Senior Open in 1992 and 2000, and was the Championship Director of the US Women’s Open in 1995 and 2009
• She was the Director of Marketing and Championship Administration for the US Open in 1995 and 1998
• She was the 1994 WBCA Mel Greenberg Media Award winner
• In 2009, Griffin was named one of the “Best 50 Women in Business” by Pennsylvania Governor and the Department of Community and Economic Development