The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame offers internships which will give real-world experience working in a non-profit organization in many different areas. Depending on the time of year, interns can work on the WBHOF's annual Induction festivities or in more general areas such as communications, basketball relations, operations, or special events.
• Open to undergraduate or graduate students
• Opportunity for college credit is available
• Internships are unpaid
• Must have the ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays if required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Applicants should be well organized, having the ability to work independently. Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals. Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Knowledge of social media. Communications/Marketing tracks preferred, but all majors welcome to apply.
2018 Spring Internships
- Spring interns will work in a variety of areas at the Hall of Fame. See below the different areas each intern will gain experience working in. Internships will begin in January and end June 10, 2018. Anyone applying for a spring internship will have a major role in our 2018 Induction Weekend, taking place June 9th, and will be expected to attend all events that weekend. Spring Interns will have the opportunity to help plan a major event for a nonprofit organization. Interns will be expected to work some evening and weekend hours.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and references to:
Women's Basketball Hall of Fame
700 Hall of Fame Drive
Knoxville, TN 37915
Interns will assist with inductee operations, which would include Induction weekend itineraries, travel, etc. Interns will be responsible for Induction weekend hospitality, will call tickets, and assisting with ceremony operations. Moreover, interns will be responsible for requesting and logging artifacts for the 2018 exhibit updates and assist with those updates in the museum. In additions, interns will assist with all communications pertaining to the Induction Weekend. This will include writing and editing press releases and press kits, handling media request, setting up interviews for the Class of 2018, and other duties as needed. Aside from Induction, interns will maintain the Hall of Fame media log, input artifacts into the archival database, assist with Inductee forwarding mail and other communications aspects of the WBHOF.
Marketing & Events:
Interns will assist with the 2018 Induction Reception and Post-Ceremony Reception. The interns will assist with overall planning of these events to include marketing, sponsorship, operations, and logistics and will play a major role in the execution of these events during Induction weekend.
This position will also assist with the overall marketing of Induction and ticket sales.
Aside from the 2018 Induction, interns will also assist with after-hours events and programming for the WBHOF, maintain the weekly media log and perform updates on social media outlets. This may include research, marketing, and planning for specific events at the Hall of Fame and after-hours and weekend work.
Senwah - Public Relations Coordinator Hilton
Ryan - AD at Penn State Hazleton
Kimberly - Director of Marketing at Birthplace of Country Music - "I was an intern the summer of 2001. It was an incredible experience, and really got me into tourism, event planning and non-profits."
Audria - Physician Recruiter at TeamHealth - "WBHOF was my first internship ever!"
Courtney - Provider Consultant at TeamHealth - "My internship at the WBHOF was my first and couldn't have asked for a better experience!"
Christie - Director of Programs for LEAD Atlanta
Mary Rose - University Relations at Apple's Headquarters in CA - "Wouldn't be where I am today without the WBHOF!"
Rebecca - B2B Marketing Agency in OR
David - Teaching Assistant in Special Education at Beaumont Magnet Academy - "My time at the WBHOF was amazing! Thank you for the great experience and great memories!"
Alyssa - Deliverables Coordinator at Jupiter Entertainment
Chris - Analyst at State Farm - "Great summer at the WBHOF. Will always remember my time in Knoxville"
Kaycee - Visual Coordinator at Havertys Furniture - "I had the best time at the Hall and woudn't trade the experience for the world!"
Jessica - Inventory Operations for Emerging Markets at Nike
Mitchell - Group Sales Manager for River City Rascals
Mortgage Loan Officer for SunTrust Mortgage
Congratulations Class of 2018
The Class of 2018 includes Ceal Barry, Dr. Rose Marie Battaglia, Chris Dailey, Mickie DeMoss, Chamique Holdsclaw,
Katie Smith, and Tina Thompson.