Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Betty F. Jaynes
Class of 2000
• Named Chief Executive Officer of the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) on September 1, 1996 after serving 15 years as Executive Director of the organization
• Has been a part of the WBCA since its founding in 1981, helping the organization grow from a membership of 212 to 5,000-plus
• Has served as the WBCA's chief liaison to numerous affiliated governing bodies and sport organizations, including USA Basketball, the Women's Sports Foundation, the NCAA, the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) and the National Association of Collegiate Women Athletic Administrators (NACWAA)
• Served as head women's basketball coach at Madison College (renamed James Madison University in 1977) from 1970 to 1982, compiling a 142-114 worksheet
• Chaired the U.S. Girls' and Women's Basketball Rules Committee from 1979 to 1981
• Acted as tournament director for the 1975 AIAW Large College National Basketball Championships
• Served as committee chair of the Kodak All-America program from 1976 through 1982