Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
George E. Killian
Class of 2000
• Served as president of the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) between 1990-98
• Involvement in international basketball includes being a member of FIBA's central board since 1980 and serving as vice president of FIBA (1980-88); Pan American Basketball Federation (COPABA) president (1983-87), vice president (1979-83) and treasurer (1987-present); and president of ABAUSA (1976-80)
• Has been a member of numerous USA Basketball committees and has been a member of its board of directors since 1974
• Has also been a member of the International Olympic Committee and the board of directors of the U.S. Olympic Committee
• Received the Olympic Order, the highest honor bestowed by the International Olympic Committee, in 1996
• Has served as the first and only executive director of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) since 1969
• Was instrumental in overseeing the birth of the first collegiate women's division in 1975
• Was named the 1998 recipient of the Edward S. Steitz Award, given annually by USA Basketball to an individual for outstanding contributions to international basketball
• Also received the John W. Bunn Award in 1989