Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Katrina McClain Johnson
Class of 2006
• One of the most decorated players in USA Basketball history
• A two-time Kodak All-American at the University of Georgia (1986, 1987)
• Ranks second on Georgia’s all-time career charts with 2,195 points (17.6 ppg) and 1,193 rebounds (9.5)
• Helped the Lady Bulldogs go 116-15, win two Southeastern Conference championships, earn four NCAA Tournament berths, and reach the championship game of the 1985 NCAA Final Four during her collegiate career
• Played on 11 U.S. National Teams altogether, including three Olympics (gold medals in 1988 and 1996 and bronze in 1992), three World Championships (golds in 1986 and 1990 and bronze in 1994), two Goodwill Games (golds in 1986 and 1990), two Pan American Games (gold in 1987 and bronze in 1991), and World University Games (silver in 1985)
• Selected as USA Basketball’s Female Athlete of the Year in both 1988 and 1992
• Played professionally for nine seasons overseas with stints in Japan, Italy, Spain, and Turkey then finished her career with the ABL’s Atlanta Glory