Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 1999
•Was the first four-time Kodak All-American (1975, 1976, 1977, 1978)
• Was the first woman to receive a full athletic scholarship to UCLA
• Was the first high school girls' basketball player selected for a U.S. National Team
• Was the first player drafted by the Women's Basketball League (WBL), leading the league in scoring and garnering MVP honors as a member of the New Jersey Gems as a rookie
• Was the first, and only, woman to be signed to an NBA contract when she signed as a free agent with the Indiana Pacers in 1979
• Started on the first women's Olympic basketball team, earning a silver medal at the Montreal Games in 1976
• Also participated in the Pan American Games, earning a gold medal in 1975 and a silver medal in 1979
• Helped lead UCLA to the AIAW National Championship as a senior in 1978
• Scored 1,685 points and collected 819 rebounds (17.4 ppg, 8.4 rpg) during her four years at UCLA
• Graduated from UCLA holding 12 school records