Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 2009
• Legendary African American athlete from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Played center for the Philadelphia Tribune for 18 years, losing only six games, all of which were to men's teams
• Considered the greatest African American athlete of her generation and the finest black female basketball player of the pre-World War II era.
• Washington was considered one of the most valuable players on the team and was often its top scorer
• Inducted into the Black Athletes Hall of Fame in 1975
• Inducted into Temple University's Sports Hall of Fame in the mid-80s.
• Also a star tennis player, went undefeated in 12 years of play in the all-black American Tennis Association (1934-1936), won eight ATA national crowns in women's singles (1929-1937)