Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 2002
• Recognized by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) as one of 15 people who have significantly influenced the growth of women's athletics since 1972
• Served as Chief of Mission or Team Leader for 13 international competitions for USA Basketball, including the 1980 Olympics
• Served as ABAUSA's Vice President for Women and Chair of the Women's Games Committee after joining the Games Committee as a charter member in 1975
• Is a past member of the U.S. Olympic Committee's Board of Directors and House of Delegates
• Holds the honor of being the first female to be named to FIBA's Central Board and to serve as president of its Women's Commission; to be elected president of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA); and to receive the Edward S. Steitz Award from USA Basketball
• Became the first woman to receive a lifetime officiating license from FIBA