Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Jill Rankin Schneider
Class of 2008
• One of the few athletes ever to be named as Kodak All-American and Wade Trophy finalist at two different universities: Wayland Baptist College (1978-79) and the University of Tennessee (1979-80); also played in the Final Four for both schools
• Scored 1000 points in a single season and was named MVP at Wayland in 1978-79; scored a total of 2,851 career points at Wayland and Tennessee
• Selected as the Lady Vol MVP at Tennessee and voted MVP of the Southeastern Conference Tournament in 1980
• Gold Medalist in both the 1979 World Championships in Korea and the William R. Jones Cup in Taiwan; Silver Medalist in the 1979 Pan American Games in Puerto Rico
• Co-captain of the 1980 Olympic Team; gold medalist in Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Bulgaria prior to the U.S. boycott of the Moscow Games.
• Was inducted into the Texas Panhandle Sports Hall of Fame in 1994 and the Texas High School Basketball Hall of Fame in 2002.
• Worked for one year as a graduate assistant at Tennessee; served as an assistant coach at Texas for five years, including the 1986 undefeated season; entered high school coaching in 1986
• Currently a high school girls’ basketball coach in Lubbock Texas