Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 2013
• Played at the University of Texas from 1981-1986, finishing her career as the school’s all-time leading scorer with 2,523 points
• Smith-Knight led the longhorns to the 1986 NCAA Division I National Championship with a perfect 34-0 record
• She was named the 1983 Southwest Conference Tournament MVP
• In 1983 and 1984, she was the University of Texas team MVP and Southwest Conference Player of the Year.
• Smith-Knight was a 1984 Kodak All-American, USBWA All-American, and Wade Trophy finalist
• At the University of Texas, she ranks 1st in field goals made (1,052), 2nd in career scoring average (19.3 ppg), 3rd in career free throws made (419), 5th in career steals (295), and 6th in career rebounds (966).
• She holds the University of Texas record for most consecutive games in double-figuring scoring with 33
• Smith-Knight started all 131 games she played while at the University of Texas, never losing a Southwest Conference game
• A member of the 1983 World University Games team which captured gold
• She was inducted into the University of Texas Women’s Athletics Hall of Honor in 2002 and into the Texas Black Sports Hall of Fame in 2006