Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Class of 2005
• Put Baskin (La.) High School on the national basketball map with an incredible 218-game winning streak
• String of consecutive wins set a mark that still stands as a national record for organized sports—high school, college, or pros—and stretched across the course of six seasons (1948-1953)
• After loss that ended the streak, Baskin reeled off another 71 straight wins over three seasons, resulting in 289 wins out of 290 games and went 315-2 between 1945 and 1955
• Baskin teams scored 11,709 points to 5,300 points for their opponents during the streak, averaging 53.7 points per game while allowing just 24.3 points per game for an average margin of victory of nearly 30 points
• Won a total of nine state championships with the first in 1945 and eight consecutive from 1948 through 1955
• Coached 33 years at Baskin (1943-76), posting 654 wins, 263 losses and 2 ties for a .711 winning percentages