Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Bill F. Tipps
Class of 2016
• Tipps served as a member of the USA Women’s Basketball Games committee
- From 1988-1996, he was a member of Staff Selection Sub-Committee of USA Basketball
- • From 1979-1991, Tipps served as the Chairman of AAU Girls Basketball
- • Tipps was a tournament director for 75 AAU Girls Basketball National Tournaments and assisted in at least 40 other AAU National Tournaments
- • He was also the tournament director for countless Southeastern and Tennessee AAU Girls Basketball Tournaments
- • Tipps was a volunteer with AAU Girls Basketball for 36 years and was inducted into the AAU Volunteer Hall of Fame in 2001
- • He was a 1987 President’s National Leadership Award honoree
- • Tipps has received multiple awards including the 1984 Sears Award, the 1981 Cartwright Award and the 1957 Spark Plug Award.
- • In 1989, the bookstore at Motlow College was named in his honor
- • Tipps served on the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Board of Directors