Disclaimer: Inductee's biography/statistics are current upon the year of their induction into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame.
The Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's Board of Directors serves as the selection committee in determing which individuals are inducted each year.
Click Here to nominate an individual for induction into the Hall of Fame.
Class of 2005
• A four-time Kodak All-American at the University of Kansas (1978, 1979, 1980, 1981) and the all-time leading scorer for Division I women’s collegiate basketball with 3,649 points
• The first female student-athlete to be recognized by the NCAA with a Top V Award (1982)
• A two-time Olympian (1980 and 1984), serving as captain of the USA’s first gold medal-winning Olympic team in 1984
• 1981 Wade Trophy recipient
• Selected as USA Basketball’s Female Athlete of the Year in 1983
• A two-time academic All-American
• Became the first female to play for the Harlem Globetrotters (1985-87)
• Played professionally in Italy (1981-82, 1987-90) and Japan (1991-92) as well as two seasons in the WNBA with the Cleveland Rockers (1997) and Detroit Shock (1998)
• Named to the first-ever Parade High School All-America Team for girls’ basketball in 1977