Class of 2019
- Bass was the executive director of the Women’s Basketball Coaches
Association (WBCA) from 1997 to 2000, and the chief executive officer
of the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association from 2001 to 2014.
- She was a four-year winner of the women’s basketball letter at East
Tennessee State University from 1980 to 1984.
- Bass worked at Nike and specialized in women’s basketball sports
marketing endeavors, including coaching endorsements, the WBCA
High School All-America Game, the inaugural Nike Girls All-America
Camp, and the Coaches’ Extravaganza at the WBCA National
- In 1986 to 1995, she worked at Converse and cultivated Converse’s
women’s basketball marketing endeavors including the renowned
Converse/WBCA Coach of the Year Award.
- Bass was a part of the Kay Yow/WBCA Cancer Fund Board of
Directors, Naismith Hall of Fame Board of Trustees, National
Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics Board of Director,
and Atlanta Tip Off Club Advisory Board.
- In 2007, Bass helped launch one of the most successful grassroots
marketing campaigns for breast cancer awareness with the WBCA’s
“Think Pink”, now known as the WBCA Pink Zone.