Skip to content
View Larger Image
Jill Rankin Schneider
Class of 2008
- One of the few athletes ever to be named as Kodak All-American and Wade Trophy finalist at two different universities: Wayland Baptist College (1978-79) and the University of Tennessee (1979-80); also played in the Final Four for both schools
- Scored 1000 points in a single season and was named MVP at Wayland in 1978-79; scored a total of 2,851 career points at Wayland and Tennessee
- Selected as the Lady Vol MVP at Tennessee and voted MVP of the Southeastern Conference Tournament in 1980
- Gold Medalist in both the 1979 World Championships in Korea and the William R. Jones Cup in Taiwan; Silver Medalist in the 1979 Pan American Games in Puerto Rico
- Co-captain of the 1980 Olympic Team; gold medalist in Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Bulgaria prior to the U.S. boycott of the Moscow Games.
- Was inducted into the Texas Panhandle Sports Hall of Fame in 1994 and the Texas High School Basketball Hall of Fame in 2002.
- Worked for one year as a graduate assistant at Tennessee; served as an assistant coach at Texas for five years, including the 1986 undefeated season; entered high school coaching in 1986
- Currently a high school girls’ basketball coach in Lubbock Texas