Skip to content
View Larger Image
Class of 2014
- Edwards played for Cathedral High School in Boston, MA, being the first girl in Massachusetts history to score over 2000 points in high school
- She was named the Catholic League Division 3 High School Player of the Year twice leading Catherdal High School to two Eastern Massachusetts Division 3 Basketball Championships (1983, 1984)
- In College, Edwards led the University of Iowa to two Big Ten Conference titles and three NCAA tournament appearances.
- In her senior season at Iowa, she led the Hawkeyes to their first ever national #1 ranking
- Edwards was a 1988 Kodak All-American, Naismith All-American, USBWA All-American, Big Ten Conference Player of the Year, the University of Iowa Athlete of the Year, Iowa Athlete of the Decade, University of Iowa: Top 50 Athlete of the 20th Century, and she is the only Hawkeye women’s basketball player to have her jersey retired (#30)
- At Iowa, she ranks second in career assists (431), third in career scoring (1,821), and third in career steals (235).
- Edwards played five seasons in the WNBA, being one of only 16 players assigned to each team for Initial Player Allocation Draft.
- She was named the 1997 WNBA Sportsmanship Award runner-up, and was named to the 1997 WNBA All-Star European Travel Team
- Edwards played nine seasons in Europe, being named the 1997 MVP of Italian League All-Star Game
- She played on the USA Basketball Team that captured the bronze medal in the 1991 Pan American Games