Skip to content
View Larger Image
Nora Lynn Finch
Class of 2019
- Finch has represented the NCAA on the U.S. Collegiate Sports Council
since 1988, serving as President from 1992 to 1996
- In 1991, 1993 and 1995 she served as Chief of Mission for the United
States World University Game delegations.
- She has been a member of several committees, including NCAA Division
I Women’s Basketball oversight and administrative committee, NCAA
Division I Management Council, NCAA Division I Champions cabinet
chair, NCAA Division I membership committee Women’s committee on
Basketball Officiating and chair of its’ competition committee, and DI
Women’s Basketball Issues committee.
- From 1981 to 1988, Finch was the inaugural chair of the NCAA Division I
Women’s Basketball Committee.
- Finch was the ACC’s first female Assistant Athletics Director and named
the ACC Senior Associate for Women’s Basketball in 2013.
- Finch was inducted into the National Women’s Athletic Hall of Fame,
twice into the Western Carolina University Athletic Hall of Fame and the
Peace College Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Nora Lynn Finch negotiated the first women’s basketball tournament
television contract with CBS.