The Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame Board of Directors selects individuals to be inducted into the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame. Selection is based on defined qualifications. In order to be considered for selection in the player category, the nominee is eligible three years after retirement from competition at the highest level and must meet a minimum of TWO of the following requirements.
1. All-American (e.g., WBCA, Kodak, AP) at the community college or collegiate level at least one year.
2. Player of the Year recipient (e.g., WBCA Wade Trophy, Wooden, Naismith, AP).
3. Contributing member of a team that competes in an Olympic or World Championship competition.
4. Professional experience (e.g., WNBA, international) with honors and/or championships.
5. Significant contributor on more than one national championship team.